Stars News - 2015:
- It is no longer possible to purchase new Stars! serials, so under the principal of abandonware, full
binaries and a list of serial numbers can be found on the download page. In
multiplayer mode, each player must have a unique serial number.
- Most of the Stars! clones are no longer active development, which includes
Stars Nova and
- Stars! Supernova Genesis
was the planned offical sequal to Stars!. There was a closed beta test, but the project ran out of funding before completion and is unlikely ever to be released
- Stars! is of the 4X turn-based stratergy genere. Its closest modern relative is probably Master of Orion 3 (2003) with a rumoured
- Elite, the classic first-person space trading/combat game, originally released on the BBC Micro, has just
released a massive crowdfunded reboot: Elite Dangerous
- Thank you all for your years of support, encouragement and feedback. This was my very first public
website, launched in 2000 when I was only 17.
I have since gone on to do many great things as a
professional computer programmer.
You may even have seen my work at ft.com or premierleague.com, but it all started here!
- Should anybody care to fork/reuse this project, I have uploaded the HTML source code to Github.
NOTE: Its pure table-based HTML! I
build tools I now take for granted.
This FAQ is designed to replace both the Stars! Advanced and Technical FAQ
(created by Dave Johnston
and the rgcs FAQ
(created by myself James McGuigan
I will no longer be updating this site
on a fairly regular basis, but it was an attempt to create a single web resource
that contained and collates much of the known technical information about Stars!
that has been found over the years.
This website is mostly unmaintained, and I have not been active in the Stars! community for many years now.
I still recieve the occasional email
which I do my
best to answer.